So with the swim squads having now done a full week, we have competed the full round of CSS testing. Now I have a VERY good idea of the squad members abilities and what the 'pecking order' is looking like.
This opening round of testing was a crucial stage in the squad set up because without this we would have been effectively flying blind – how can we create athlete specific sessions without knowing what their capabilities are?!
Now we have this information we can do several things:
- Allocate lanes (and in some cases sub-groups within lanes)
- Plan appropriate training paces
- Plan specific sessions based on individual swimmers ability
- Introduce squad members to their 'lane mates'. Your lane mates will now be your friends, supporters, motivators, and I'm sure to some – competition (friendly of course!).
- Set opening benchmarks to monitor progress and development.
Now the fun really begins!…….
If you are interested in finding out more about our squads or wish to join then visit: http://www.do3coaching.com/services/swim-squad.php
**ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT IN THE MONDAY SQUAD!